Our Commercial Law team have experience working with businesses of all sizes, from small single owner operator SME’s right up to large Corporates. We have a proven track record of assisting clients across the full spectrum of Business and Corporate law.
Click on the tabs below for more information.
It is very important to determine the best business structure for you – should it be a company, a partnership or another type of arrangement.
BMC Lawyers can:
- Advise you on your options.
- Help minimise the elements of risk.
- Assist parties to reach agreement on the terms of a joint venture.
- Liaise with your lender and assist with refinancing under your new structure.
- Put you in contact with other professionals.
- Ensure that your personal interests and assets are protected.
When you buy an existing business you must be sure of what you are purchasing in terms of business assets and goodwill.
We recommend you see us at an early stage before signing a contract. What should you check before purchasing a business?
- Premises – including lease details, suitability of lease terms, your liability and obligations.
- Employment Law – do existing staff have a contract?
- Health and Safety obligations.
- Customer & Supplier relationships – are the terms of trade appropriate and contractually binding?
- Intellectual Property – patents, trademarks, trade secrets.
- Taxation including GST.
- Debt collection.
- Restraint of Trade.
Franchise Agreements are a specialised area of law and require expert advice. BMC Lawyers has reviewed franchise agreements for some of the largest and most well-recognised franchise businesses in
We can help advise you on:
- Explaining the terms of the franchise agreements.
- Understanding what the obligations and benefits will be of the franchise.
- Negotiating with the franchisor.
- Structuring the business and finances to protect you and your family.
- The lease or other property arrangements.
Once the agreement is in place we can assist in structuring your business to protect you and your family.