WE ARE READY TO HELP YOU
All of the staff at BMC Lawyers are working remotely with full access to our systems and files. We are ready to assist you with your legal needs.
In addition to our business as usual, we recognise that as the Covid-19 pandemic unfolds it brings with it uncertainty and new challenges for everyone. In these extraordinary times we want to help you negotiate any legal implications that the level 4 shut down may have on you. We can minimise your risks, capture your opportunities and reinforce your strengths during these unprecedented times.
Some of the areas we can assist with are:
BUSINESS AND COMMERCIAL
- Leases – rental obligations and dealing with mandatory closure of non-essential business premises.
- Commercial Contracts – how could they be impacted and what can you do?
- Insolvency – how do the temporary legislation amendments assist companies facing insolvency?
- What options are available to those who currently have settlements or contracts underway?
- Can I still purchase or sell property during the lockdown period?
- What do employers need to consider?
- What is the wage subsidy and what are the obligations that employers have?
- What are my rights as an employee?
- Do I have to pay my employees 80% of their wages if I receive the Covid-19 wage subsidy?
- Are courts still running?
- What are my rights if I am arrested for breaching the lock down?
- Do you need assistance with a Parenting Agreement?
Our team is available by telephone, email or video conference, whatever best suits you. Contact phone numbers and email addresses are available on our website here.
Remember, we are here to help and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Keep well and stay safe.
The Team at BMC Lawyers