When you buy an existing business you must be sure of what you are purchasing in terms of business assets and goodwill.
We recommend you see us at an early stage before signing a contract. What should you check before purchasing a business?
- Premises – including lease details, suitability of lease terms, your liability and obligations.
- Employment Law – do existing staff have a contract?
- Occupational Safety & Health – licences, approvals.
- Customer & Supplier relationships – are the terms of trade appropriate and contractually binding?
- Intellectual Property – patents, trademarks, trade secrets
- Taxation including GST
- Debt collection
- Restraint of Trade
The staff at Breaden McCardle Lawyers may also be able to help you sell your business for a better price. Many businesses have been helped by getting assistance with creditors or shareholders.
Breaden McCardle Lawyers staff can look carefully at the entire business and help you make better informed decisions.