As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop we, the staff and Principals at BMC Lawyers would like to keep you updated on how we are ensuring all of our staff, visitors and clients remain safe and healthy during this challenging time.
Because the health and wellbeing of our staff and clients is the number one priority for us we have implemented some practices that are temporarily changing the way we work.
PREVENTION – SO WHAT ARE WE DOING:
- Our cleaners are providing enhanced sanitisation of the offices.
- No non-essential face to face client meetings will be held until further notice. Our definition of essential is where there is a requirement to sight an original document or personally witness a signature.
- Instead of meeting face to face we can communicate with you by phone, email or by video conferencing. Call us in the usual way to make an appointment and we will discuss the best option for you.
- Where it is necessary for clients to visit our office we require everyone (whether they have travelled overseas or not) to confirm that they have not travelled from overseas in the last 14 days and that as far as they are aware they have not been exposed to COVID-19.
- All visitors will also be asked to sign-in on arrival at reception. If they do not, or they confirm they are an at risk person then we will ask them to leave the office immediately.
- If a visitor notifies us later that they have contracted COVID-19 then we will put plans in place for those in close contact to self-isolate.
- We have put a temporary stop to all non-essential work-related travel outside of the Kapiti region.
- Staff have been advised that if they are showing any symptoms or feel unwell then they should stay away from the office.
- If required at any time, our staff have the ability to work from home remotely with minimal disruption to clients.
- We will monitor Government advice and the general situation and if appropriate we will act on any new developments and issues.
We thank all of our clients for their understanding and encourage you to look after yourselves, your families, friends and colleagues during these challenging and uncertain times.